13 Great Golf Quotes from PGA Pros, actors, comedians and more. I thought these were some great quotes worth sharing.
1. “I don’t fear death, but I sure don’t like those three-footers for par.” Chi Chi Rodriguez
2. “After all these years, it’s still embarrassing for me to play on the American golf tour. Like the time I asked my caddie for a sand wedge and he came back ten minutes later with a ham on rye.” Chi Chi Rodriguez
3. “The ball retriever is not long enough to get my putter out of the tree.” Tom Weiskopf
4. “There is no similarity between golf and putting; they are two different games, one played in the air, and the other on the ground.” Ben Hogan
5. “Professional golf is the only sport where, if you win 20% of the time, you’re the best.” Jack Nicklaus
6. “You can make a lot of money in this game. Just ask my ex-wives. Both of them are so rich that neither of their husband’s work.” Lee Trevino
7. “Three over today – One over a house, one over a patio, and one over a swimming pool.” Baseball Hall of Famer George Brett
8. “The only sure rule in golf is – he who has the fastest cart never has to play a bad lie.” Baseball Hall of Famer Mickey Mantle
9. “Sex and golf are the two things you can enjoy even if you’re not good at them.” Actor Kevin Costner
10. “My favorite shots are the practice swing and the conceded putt. The rest can never be mastered .” Lord Robertson
11. “If you watch a game, it’s fun. If you play at it, it’s recreation. If you work at it, it’s golf.” Bob Hope
12. “While playing golf today, I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake in a sand trap.” Henny Youngman
13. “If you think it’s hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.” Jack Lemmon
What are your favorite quotes?